Friday, September 2, 2011

Engagement Tour 2011, Bay View


The first couple on engagement tour 2011, Ellie & Dave. And let me tell you, they went all out. A spread of beans, corn, burgers, and beer. I'll take it any day of the week.

Then champagne. Well, that skips a few steps. So, I'll let you in. We had a delightful discussion of how we met, how they met, and how we all met each other. A time to discuss what our friendship meant, and what we meant as couples.


Then Dave decided to treat us all to a parlour trick. The "Sabered Open". Yes, passed down from generations old, Dave passed it along to me.
P8290249-1

Then Ellie went a little crazy. I swear she chased us for like five hours. I have never been so fearful in my life.

P8290250


We went round and round and round and round.

P8290251

Then they all teamed up. Kidding of course. We tried a group photo. But, failed horribly. This is the best I got.

P8290252

Well, I was sort of kidding. Don't remember the last time I saw someone have so much fun with a knife.

P8290263

And then, it was time for Jon to shine. I whacked at that thing three times with no result. Dave came up to show me the proper way, and it started to make this wrenching, cracking, crackling noise. Dave backed up, a changed my angle of attack, and BOOM! Champagne fountain! (Not Pictured)

P8290266

And then time to pour, and search for the missing cork. I swear we spent twenty minutes yucking it up in the front yard without any light looking for a cork. How silly.

P8290280=1


Then  the cards were played.

P8290281

And I got to use this awesome glass. It covered up my mustache a bit, but it did have cold delicious water.

P8290269


Cheers!!!!!

Jon & Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment