Saturday, August 20, 2011

OMG, this is the moment.

And we finally did it. Years of work on a great relationship, then BAM! We're getting married. It is the best thing ever.



So, Kat totally knew it was coming. But, she didn't know when or where. It was an ongoing threat of engagement at any second. I just knew I wanted to make as much of a surprise possible. Dateline, Thursday, August 18th we were planning on visiting our friends to celebrate the birth of their first child. Kat suggested we go do a short photo walk with our friend Scott Eisenhardt. That's when I knew it was time to strike. Moment's before we picked up Scott, I filled him in on the plans, ran into the apartment grabbed the ring, and we headed out.


After aimlessly driving for a good spot to take pictures, Kat suggested the Lake Express Ferry terminal. Overlooking South Shore Yacht Club I suggested that we have Scott take a picture of us. Right then, Kat knew what was coming. Me shaking, her almost tearing, Kat would not let go of the embrace, until I broke away,

got on one knee, and let those wonderful words fly, "Katherine Walls, will you marry me?"


and she said YES!!! OMG, OMFG, MFOMFG! She said yes! It was the bestest thing ever.



In that moment, two people who weren't sure they'd ever get married, had it all flow in. And shared an amazing embrace.


Then, our wonderful photographer, Scott, did the most amazing thing. Pulled the proverbial rabbit out of the hat.


Champagne!!!!!!!!!!


And we celebrated.


Let me be abundantly clear. We do not plan on stopping. Celebration for always.




Special shout out to the photographer, Scott E.! Damn man, killer job.

Soon, macro shots of the ring!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I've heard the story and I've seen the pictures. But now having them both together in a storybook fashion just makes it magical! I'm very happy for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!!!! Thanks for the words and the pictures! Complete story. And yes, awesome photos.

    ReplyDelete